Thursday, October 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Logan

So two years ago, today, I was so blessed to bring little Logan into this world. The past two years have been the greatest (and fastest) two years of my life. I seriously love this little chub and could never imagine my life without him. I am so grateful to have in my life and am so in love with watching him grow up and learn new things, everyday. He is my world and I hope that I can become the mom that he deserves.

So this year we decided to have 2 different birthday celebrations (at the last minute). Because I found out that Jade had her Ragnar race on Friday the 21st. So she and her family wouldn't have been able to attend Logan's party, if I had it on his actual birthday. So last Sunday we decided to have a party for Logan, with just Ben's side of the family, and today (later on today, it just turned October 20th, it's actually 1:10 am right now) we are going to have his party with my side of the family.

Last Sunday we celebrated his party at Sam and Jodie's house. Jodie made yummy pizza and Ben made an awesome Lightning McQueen cake for the party. Logan didn't fully understand what was going on, but I know that he loves spending time with his cousins and he always has so much fun when they all come over. On top of having all his cousins over to play with, he got full attention from everybody plus presents. I know he had a really fun time and am so glad they were all able to come. It really turned out to be a great night.











So for his bday party tonight, we are going to Wheeler Farm's pumpkin patch, so Logan can pick out a pumpkin. Then we are going back to my parents house and we are going to carve pumpkins. My mom said she wants to try to carve a watermelon, so she has decided not to get a pumpkin, just a watermelon, lol. Anyways, we decided that we are going to order pizza, and my mom, who is a health food nut, is going to bake a healthy cake and find some healthy ice cream at the health food store (I can always count on my mom, to make us yummy healthy food). After dinner and pumpkins, we plan to have Logan open his presents. I know it's going to be a blast and so fun for Logan. He's going to be so cute, running through the pumpkin patch, I can't wait!
























Because Ben and I are still living with Sam and Jodie, and we don't have a house of our own, I decided not to invite friends to either party. Last year I invited friends, and we had the party over at Sam and Jodie's and I have to say, at times, it was awkward having that many people crammed into such a small space.

So this year, I wanted to keep it simple and just invite the family. But I actually kind of liked doing it this way, by keeping the party small and only inviting family, it really alleviated a lot of the anxiety that I felt when I was planning last years party. I was so worried about inviting too many people, and having to feel like I had to entertain them. Or I remember feeling anxious, and wondering if they were bored or if they were having a good time, etc.....
I definitely worry too much, LOL.

3 comments:

Roni said...

He is so adorable! I can't believe he is two already!

Lindsey said...

I love the pics!

nataliegu3 said...

I can't believe he's two!! you guys are such a cute family :)
I saw Logan the other day, he said "hi." it was adorable !! I need to come IN and VISIT